Brown Machine Group has a Mechanical Assembler position located in Beaverton, MI. The Mechanical Assembler makes various mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic sub-assemblies. They assemble complex operating mechanisms to make a complete machine.
- Receive job assignment and instructions on blueprints and work orders from supervisor or team leader.
- Move parts from staging area to assembly area.
- Clean and prepare parts for assembly.
- Assemble ovens, rails, stations, frames, hydraulic units, etc., prior to final assembly with instructions.
- Install guards, rails, ovens, and other assemblies.
- Mount and plumb hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Assemble roll stands to work order and print.
- Assemble machine in proper sequence from work order and prints.
- Inspect machine when complete per work order and fill out check sheets.
- After machine is complete prepare machine for shipment and dismantle as required.
- On a temporary basis, may be assigned to other work roles based on workload.
- Follow all applicable safety procedures and policies as outlined in the Brown Machine Hourly Handbook.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- A minimum of a High school diploma or GED.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of assorted hand tools, torque wrenches, hand & power drills, motorized hoist, hand grinder and pipe threader.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.