Brown Machine has a Controls Engineer position in Beaverton, MI. The Control Engineer is responsible for designing, programming, updating, and troubleshooting various PLC based control systems. Must be detail oriented, can work in a team environment, have the ability plan, schedule and problem solve effectively, and can work independently with little or no supervision.
- Make necessary electrical panel layout drawings, electrical designs, and electrical CAD schematics to ensure design meets industry and regulatory standards and project requirements.
- Make appropriate calculations, research performance standards and component selection to ensure design specifications are met.
- Check drawings and bills of materials as relates to assigned projects.
- Design and develop machine logic in PLC (ladder logic), operator interface applications (HMI) and program servo motion controls.
- Ensure design considerations, concepts and software codes are properly documented.
- Start-up and debug machine prior to shipment.
- Review with design team to ensure quality and internal design practices are being met.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a minimum of 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Work knowledge of controls (PLC, HMI, and Motion Controlled Programs)
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering design practices
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on a technical level
- Can work independently with little or no supervision
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.