The Freeman Company, a progressive and growing design and manufacturer of custom tooling, has a CNC Machinist position in Fremont, OH. The CNC Machinist will maintain, set-up, and operate equipment efficiently maximizing machine utilization and produce parts to required specifications per the production schedule. Freeman offers a clean, modern, and fully air-conditioned facility along with an excellent wage and benefit package including 401K match and profit share program.
- 1. Plan, setup, adjust, and operate a variety of CNC machine tools.
- 2. Perform complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
- 3. Understand feeds, speeds, tooling and operational sequences.
- 4. Review part process and program off-line for potential problems before they occur.
- 5. Read and understand multi-view drawings and blueprints.
- 6. Perform needed metrology inspections and report issues.
- 7. Set-up and monitor multiple machines
- 8. Fully understand fit and function of components to ensure proper function of assemblies.
- 9. Work with minimum supervision in regard to technical assistance.
- 10. Use exceptional problem solving skills and offer potential solutions when faced with adversity.
- 11. Responsible, as part of the production team, for meeting performance goals for scrap, rework, labor efficiency and downtime.
- 12. Maintain the reputation of the Freeman Company through all business dealings with customers and suppliers.
- 13. Perform any and all other duties as assigned that are in the best interest of the Freeman Company.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma
- General understanding and ability to interpret mechanical drawings
- General mechanical knowledge preferably in a CNC machining environment
- Able to work an off-shift schedule (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; or 10:40 pm - 7:10 am; or 7:00 am - 3:30 pm)
- Two-year degree in a technical field or journeyman’s card as a machinist, tool maker, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of a CAD/CAM working environment
- Reading programming CNC G-code language
- Mechanically inclined and a motivated self starter
- Ability to multi-task without losing efficiency and accept new responsibilities in a changing work environment
- Strong organization, prioritizing, documentation and follow-up skills
- Ability to successfully work with cross-functional team members such as engineering, programming, scheduling, purchasing, and sales
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.