US Sales Manager
GN Thermoforming Equipment is a leading designer and manufacturer of thermoformers for the plastic packaging industry in more than 70 countries. We are internationally recognized as one of the most trusted manufacturers of contact-heat and form-cut-stack thermoforming machines and tooling.
GN has a US Sales Manager role which can be done remote within the USA or can be located in Beaverton, MI. Our Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, profit margin and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products and services. They will make contacts and secures new business while maintaining existing accounts within the assigned territory.
- Develop business relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Keeps Director of Sales up to date on all market requests coming from your territories.
- Expand GN’s customer base in your dedicated territory.
- Be a quality champion by educating staff on customers’ quality expectations and requirements. Work closely with internal customers.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new sales opportunities directly or through an authorized agent.
- Review sales activity, develop new strategies for targeted territory with agents on an annual basis.
- Gains strong understanding of markets, customer needs and competitor offerings.
- Phone calls, e-mails, and makes in person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers on a regular basis.
- Research’s sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear proposals to be reviewed and presented to customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Exceeds sales targets on continuous basis.
- Determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization.
- Organize personal sales strategy to ensure best return of time investment for each customer.
- Participates in trade shows and industry conventions.
- Develop an accurate sales goal list to be entered within overall sales goals spread sheet.
- Ensure sales data sheet and sales orders are accurate.
- Submits expense reports no longer than 3 weeks after trip.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Attends sales and other related meetings as required.
- Continually keep up to date on all GN products with ability to promote with confidence.
- Maintain industry knowledge on competitor equipment.
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent business experience; Five years of capital equipment sales is preferred.
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
- Unrestricted domestic/international travel; Must possess a valid passport, up to date vaccinations, and other documents required for international travel.
- Willingness to travel 50-70% of the time. Extensive travel required to service existing and potential accounts on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical and business aptitude.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.