Technical Service Representative
Brown Machine Group, a world-leading manufacturer of thermoforming machinery and tooling, has an immediate opening for a Technical Service Representative which can be done via a virtual office location. The Technical Service Representative is responsible for the start-up, debug, installation, troubleshoot, repair and training on all Brown equipment in the customer’s plant and at Brown Machine when required.
- Accomplishes or assists in the installation and start-up of equipment at customer plants as assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines at customer plants as assigned.
- Performs training on machines at customer plants as assigned.
- Repairs or adjusts machines at customer plant as assigned. Checks repair work or adjustments by observing machines in operation. Ascertains that repaired or adjusted equipment is operating in accordance with customer requirements before leaving the customer’s plant.
- Assists other Brown Machine employees in activities at customer plants as required in conjunction with service calls.
- Suggests modifications or changes in existing equipment on the basis of observations made in the course of performing service work.
- Reviews all spare parts on hand at customer plants and advises customer what spare parts are needed to bring the parts inventory up to prescribed levels.
- May perform repair, adjustment, and/or assembly work on experimental machines located at Brown Machine as assigned.
- Prepares service and expense reports and field change service notices for all service calls made.
- Briefs engineering and sales personnel involved with a given machine, as to major changes in the status of the machine observed in the field.
- Publicizes and promotes the sale of Brown Machine products whenever the opportunity for such activity occurs.
- A minimum of an Associate, 2 year trade school certification, or will consider 4 years of relevant military experience in lieu of a degree/certification.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in industrial controls including the installation and programming of PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and Servo Systems.
- Willingness to travel domestic and international up to 75% of time.
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
Download and fill out the PDF application form and submit it with your resumé using the buttons below.